We will meet at Ashcombe at 7pm. We run around town for 4 to 5 miles. Leaders and routes vary. Please wear hi-viz tops
John is leading Gail's group as she is recovering from Cranleigh. We will be doing half road and half XC so headtorches necessary. The XC section shouldn't be too muddy but recommend trail shoes as long as you can wear them on road work as well. About 6 miles with hills! Winter miles - Summer smiles!
Kevin is leading Dave’s whilst the Prof recovers from some virulent French vampire bug bites
Something different - All Welcome.
Thanks to Nick for taking the group last week in my absence. This week I would like to try a few different activities. If possible, could you please bring a skipping rope with you. If you have more than one rope or could bring a few, that would really be appreciated as some people may not have a one. I will also try to get hold of a few ropes myself.
This Tuesday 7pm once again we meet at the gates of Ashcombe school. From there we will cross Ashcombe Road to Calvert Road (off Ashcombe Road) which runs alongside Denbies Vines. We will remain at this location for the whole session so no one will get left behind and it does not matter how fast or slow you are, you will not slow anyone down if that is a concern. We are back at Ashcombe school for 8pm. The session for this week is:
1. Back to Back Warm Up: Pair up with anybody. Start midway along the road facing back to back. Run hard away from each other to a pre-set point. On reaching the point turn round 180 degrees and recover jog back to your partner. When you reach each other turn 180 degrees and run hard again back to the same spot as previously. Continue activity for 8 minutes.
2. Skip for one 30 seconds, jump 4 times as far as you can each time going down into squat, then sprint 20 metres. Walk back to recover. Repeat exercise 5 times.
3. Running on the spot using skipping rope with right leg leading for 60 seconds.
60 second break.
Running on the spot using skipping rope with left leg leading for 60 seconds.
60 second break.
Running 50 metres along road skipping with rope – right leg leading. Walk back to start.
Running 50 metres along road skipping with rope- left leg leading. Walk back to start.
4. Skip for one 30 seconds, jump 4 times as far as you can each time going down into squat, then sprint 20 metres. Walk back to recover. Repeat exercise 5 times.
5. Bamboo Cane Sprints. Pair up with any partner, taking a bamboo cane between you. Each of you holds one end of the cane down to the side and running behind each other up a 100metre course. The person at the back can let go of the cane at any time, but when they do from that point it is a sprint to the finish line. The person at the front when they feel the cane dropping can also let go, allowing it to fall to the ground, while trying to hold off the attack from behind. Repeat 4 times with different partners ensuring 2 times holding cane in front, 2 times holding cane from behind.
Cool Down jog back to Ashcombe School for 8.00pm finish.
Meet at Pixham at 7:00 warm up jog to Rose Hill ready to start session.
Meet at Pixham Sports Ground at 7pm
Long warm up run to Knoll Road
Drills & main session
Warm down run back to Pixham
All abilities welcome.