TUESDAY 19th DEC
Janet's Group (aka: The Slightly Slower than Everyone Else Group)
Meeting at Ashcombe at 7:00pm and run round town for about 5 miles - as usual!
The route this week will involve a short distance off road in the dark so torch needed.
MEETING AT ASHCOMBE SCHOOL AT 7:00pm
Well done to all those who completed last weeks Kenyan Hill training. This week we will meet at Ashcombe School gates at 7pm as usual, from where we will go to the old library. (This is the building located at the back of Dorking Council Offices) We will be doing the session at this location so no matter what your standard you will not be left behind. As usual All are welcome and you can do as much or as little as you like. Return to Ashcombe School for 8pm. At this location some parts can be a bit dark so it may help to have a torch.
1. Dynamic Stretching.
2. Plymetric cone game. Two teams, half the cones are face up, half face down. Within 5 minutes your team has to hop skip and jump between the comes to turn as many your teams way as possible.
3. Cats and Mice - Partner up with someone who runs at a similar speed to yourself. Decide which of the two of you is the faster. (This is the cat!) The slower of the two of you is the mouse. The cat starts and 2 seconds later the mice start in the same direction. The cat has to break away from the mice and run all the way round the library to catch the mouse within 5 minutes. The mouse has to run fast enough to stop this happening. If within the 5 minutes the cat has caught up they have won. If the mouse stays away for the 5 minutes they have won.
4. Change partners and repeat above Cats and Mouse game with your new partner for another 5 minutes.
5. Handicapped Relays - Getting into teams of 3. Each team member completes one lap of the library before tagging team mate for them to go. Repeat so each person completes 3 loops.
6. Handicap Relays in teams of 2. One lap, tag partner, they run lap tag you so each person goes 5 times.
Jog back to Ashcombe School.
THURSDAY 21st DEC
Meet at Pixham at 7-00.
Warm up run to Denbies Roundabout (the long way round via the station and underpass) ready to start the session. Those who drive direct to the roundabout warm up before we start the session.
A quality outing, everyone welcome to come along.
Meeting at Pixham sports ground 7pm
Running warm up & dynamic stretching
Main session - a tour of Dorking stopping at some of our favorite trainining venues for some speedwork.
Jog warm down back to Pixham
As with the Tuesday session ALL ABILITIES WELCOME. Please note - this will be the last Thursday evening session for this year